Saturday, August 7, 2010
Vacation time is over and we are settled into what will be our home for the next two years. Now, it's time to get back in the kitchen and start preparing meals three times a day.
I love vegetables and fruit so why not combine them in a wholesome salad! I basically took every vegetable and fruit that I had in the fridge and started chopping and measuring away.
1 cup of spinach
1 cup of romaine lettuce
1/4 cup each of the following(diced or chopped):
button top mushrooms
1 chicken tenderloin (broiled)
3 Tbs of pomegranate vinegar
1 Tbs of EVOO
sea salt (to your taste)
1 Tbs of honey
1 Tbs fruit preserve (of your choice)
Combine all of the ingredients (except salt and garlic powder) in a small bowl and whisk. Taste and add salt and garlic to your liking
1. Arrange the spinach and lettuce on a big plate.
2. Arrange the mushrooms (or any other vegetable of your choice) on the center of the greens.
3. Arrange the rest of the vegetables, the cheese and chicken around the mushrooms.
4. Garnish with dry parsley.
5. Drizzle dressing at will.