HomeAbout MePR FriendlyDisclosuresReviewsFabulous BlogsBook Reviews

Friday, September 3, 2010

Easy Made Pasta Alfredo

I'm a big pasta lover, although I try not to over indulge! I especially like pasta with Alfredo sauce. As many people out there, I've always recurred to using jarred Alfredo sauce. Although good, I've always found it to be a bit too rich, cheesy and salty.

Last week I found a recipe for a quick Alfredo sauce on the back of a box of Food Lion fettuccine.

[First, I boiled some water and then added the pasta.]



[As my pasta was cooking I chopped up some vegetables to add a bit more flavor and color to my pasta- garlic, fresh spinach, red peppers]



[Here's where I got my inspiration]



[I sauteed all of the veggies in a skillet with some unsalted butter]



[After the pasta was cooked and drained, I tossed it into the skillet with the veggies. Then I added some pepper]



[ I added a bit of whipping cream. Just enough to lightly coat the pasta, but not drench it]




[I added a handful of shredded low-fat mozzarella]



[Move the cheese around with a wooded spoon until it melts. Then, serve in your bowl of choice]

The end result was deliciously yummy! The pasta had the right amount of veggie flavors combined with a light cheesy goodness without being to overpowering. You could savour all of the ingredients. Even my 17 month old liked it and he can be a bit picky sometimes when it comes to his food.


What is your favorite pasta dish?

11 comments:

  1. omg this look so good I want some !!! I'm going to try this I love pasta I can't eat everyday of course I wouldn't fit in my pants but well worth it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curves ahead makeup==> If it were up to me I'd eat pasta everyday, but like you said My pants wouldn't fit either jaja :-)

    The girlie blog==> It is really easy and quick to make. Great if you're short on time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, now my mouth is watering! I'm going to have to give this a try sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xenia==> If you do try it out, let me know how it turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy!! Thanks for stopping by my spot...following you back!! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carbonara!:D

    You made me remember that I haven't made a pasta dish in a looooong time, thanks!:D

    Have a great weekend!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to try this!! Thanks for following, I follow you back.

    http://caramelsdelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO good! I'm definately going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing it!

    thefashionspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quick and easy recipes and yours look very simple. With all the available ingredients at home, I will definietly try this. I love pastas too. Thumbs up!*-^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments :-)

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)