HomeAbout MePR FriendlyDisclosuresReviewsFabulous BlogsBook Reviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Monticello: Home of Thomas Jefferson

The in-laws were in town visiting this weekend! One of the places we visited was Monticello, home to Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States.

Entering Monticello- no pics allowed inside

backside of Monticello



back lawn

One of the many flowers that Jefferson would have had back in his time.

Hurricane Erik, as my father-in-law calls him :-)

Tour of Gardens


Part of the Plantation


I think these might have been slave quarters

view from Monticello




Let's do some blog hopping!
Obviously MARvelous


5 comments:

  1. Those are such a beautiful photos:)
    Kisses and wish you a lovely day

    Ps: I am hosting a $50 gift certificate GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :) ...I bet you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh those pictures are awesome!! My family is all about anything historical-they would absolutly have loved going there! My oldest and my dad are total history buffs-what a trip that would be! Plus, I totally think I could bring myself to live in that house :)

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I would love to visit. My parents went this summer and loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing they have been able to keep it in such wonderful shape. the flowers look like poinsettias?? maybe a variety? found you through a post you left on a /ww post. I host one w/a linky if you care to peek. I think your makeover is cute! I need one. Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to Monticello last summer, sooo beautiful. The house is really something, isn't it? I would love to live there, if it weren't for all the teeny tiny rooms it has!

    Holly
    www.hollyatnaptime.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments :-)

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)