HomeAbout MePR FriendlyDisclosuresReviewsFabulous BlogsBook Reviews

Friday, November 26, 2010

Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes & Glazes: Apple Caramel Cupcakes with Vanilla Glaze

I love to bake sweets for my family, so I was excited to try out Duncan Hines new line of Decadent Cake Mixes and Amazing Glazes.

My family and I tried out the Duncan Hines Decadent Cake Mix in Apple Caramel and the Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes in Vanilla.

The cake mix box comes with two(2) packages: dry cake mix & a dry caramel mix 

Both mixes are very easy to prepare.

I decided to use the mx to make cupcakes-which calls for the same recipe as if you were making a cake. Afterward I poured the caramel mix on top of the cupcake batter.   Although I could've put less batter in the cupcake liners.

  After letting the cupcakes cool off, I drizzled some vanilla glaze on them.

Afterwards, we enjoyed our cupcakes with a cold glass of milk.


My family and I all loved the flavor and consistency of the cupcakes.  They were sweet, moist and delicious. I can't wait to try out the other mix I received, Duncan Hines Decadent Cake Mix in Triple Chocolate and the Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes in Chocolate, but those will be for another post.

If you want to find out more about Duncan Hines, make sure to visit their site at http://www.duncanhines.com/

Conect with Duncan Hines through Facebook and Twitter

If you're intersted in finding new recipes, tips and discount coupons then make sure to join the Duncan Hines Baker's Club





Disclosure: I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I received two (2) Duncan Hines Amazing Cake Mixes and two (2)  Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes, all free of charge. This is an honest review and the opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.

8 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I have been wanting to try the new glazes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy and with a glass of milk it sure completes it for me. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added that to my shopping list, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thanks for voting for Emma in the photo contest! :) These look super delicious & even easy enough for me to make lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes are seriously a weakness of mine. These look so good and a nice twist on the traditional cupcake by replacing an icing with a glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me hungry!
    I'm a new follower. Found you on Swinging by Sunday. Check me out:
    www.loveluciblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from the blog hop!

    Hope you can stop by :)
    http://memoriesofmeli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy - That looks so good..Guess I need to go eat some breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments :-)

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)