Macy's is collaborating on a wonderful project called Heart of Haiti!
|Heart of Haiti is helping to rebuild Haiti through "Trade, Not Aid."|
In other words, Heart of Haiti is using commerce and culture to create social change. Instead of providing one-time funding through charity, Heart of Haiti is creating opportunities for Haitian artisans to earn income with dignity by creating jobs and income for the people of Haiti. Through the sale of Heart of Haiti products, artisans are able to earn life-changing income for themselves, their families, and their communities. The initiative is enabling artisans to repair homes, pay school fees, and feed and clothe their families. The income also allows them to have access to better nutrition, improved education and healthcare. The Heart of Haiti collection is an array of handmade products for the home -- quilts, metalwork, ceramics, and paintings -- created by Haitian artisans. Each item is designed by a Haitian master artisan and produced by hand in Haiti from recycled materials. The collection is truly helping the people of Haiti rebuild their lives and communities through commerce and culture.
Facts about Heart of Haiti
- The Heart of Haiti collection has already led to employment of 350 artists in Haiti and has provided some financial benefits for an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 people in the country.
- Each item is designed by a master Haitian artist and made by hand in Haiti.
- Each product is made from recycled materials.
- The collection includes 40 different home decor items and accessories
- Products include vases, candleholders, serving trays, picture frames, mirrors, coasters, necklaces, clutch purses and more.
- Most items fall in the $25-$60 range.
If you would like to find out more about Heart Of Haiti and contribute buy purchasing an item or two then check out this SITE!
Not only would you be contributing to a noble cause, but at the same time you can do all of your holiday shopping! So make sure to visit Heart of Haiti!
Disclosure: I posted this message to spread the word about Heart of Haiti through the Mom Bloggers Club member program. As a thank you I might have the chance to receive a Heart of Haiti pendant.